Why The Name Change?

This is a short one. (Like me!)
It used to be Living the Chay Life - now it's Chaymultaneously. Why?


Living the Chay Life was pretty much the only pun I could come up with when I started writing, and I intended to write more personal stuff, kind of like a practice run for the autobiography I might write one day.
But the more I wrote, the more I realized how much I wanted to share the knowledge I've learned as a cognitive science major in undergrad and in my Master's program in counseling.

It's utterly ridiculous to me that we all go through life with optional courses in psychology and social development when combined they are literally the one thing that brought humans from just another species to the touch-screen obsessed, car-driving, book-reading, toy-tinkering, empire-building maniacs that we are today.

After weeks of agonizing through online thesauruses and furiously writing out pun after pun, I came across my magic word: simultaneously.

So many things in life are simultaneous. Sometimes they are also harmonious. Sometimes they also contradict each other. And we experience them all through our heart and our brain, as one.



We have opinions & beliefs and we feel hunches. We want depth, which takes time, and we want it fast. We look for connection on social media and we find it, and we also end up more depressed. We feel excited for our new position in the company, and we dread it at the same time. We laugh so hard that we cry. We yearn for love, and we run as fast and as far as we can away when we think we found it. We call someone our best friend, our lover, our other half, and they make us more upset than any regular friend ever could. We want someone to talk to us, and we avoid them every chance we get. We want to live forever, and we want to burn in a blaze of glory. We have a finite number of brain cells at any given time, and we reach for infinite possibilities.


The paradox of living entertains me endlessly. Learning to navigate these simultaneous phenomena through understanding our minds and our feels is what makes life interesting, even meaningful.  It excites me, makes me want to share more, and keeps me going when the going gets tough. 💕

Comments